Nov 10 High Visibility LinkedIn Design Strategies
- Upload a professional headshot photo to give people a real sense of who they are connecting with in a way that contributes to the “know, like, and trust” factor.
- Include a brief, well-crafted brand bio that describes who you are, what makes you unique, what you are passionate about as a professional, and what motivates your career path.
- Share a bit about your personal interests and activities too – including how you give back to your community – so people will get a feeling for what makes you tick beyond the workplace.
- Build Your Brand Community: After each networking introduction, send a personalized/customized email message via LinkedIn to invite those you met to join your LinkedIn group.
- Tip: Don’t send the default LinkedIn template or recipients will feel you didn’t care enough about them to write a personal note.
- Join groups that target your expertise and engage the group’s members to find out what kind of information or solutions they seek. Then be generous about sharing value-adding content and helpful advice because that will position you as the expert in the room.
Your Predictable Promotion Assignment:
Review your personal LinkedIn profile to be sure it professionally represents your current, up-to-date leadership brand through all elements such as the bio, photo, and your credentials. When is the last time you added new people to your LinkedIn brand network? Do it now, without delay.
Question: If you got conked on the head, suffered amnesia, and forgot everything about yourself and only had your current LinkedIn profile to go on, would you learn enough from it to get a well-rounded idea of who you really are?
Tell me what you think! Please post your valued and valuable comments below.
Do you want to use this blog article?
You may, as long as you include this complete bio with it:
Sarah Hathorn is a leadership development mentor, executive presence coach, image and branding consultant, public speaker & author. She is the founding CEO of her own successful company, Illustra Consulting, and the creator of the proprietary Predictable Promotion System™.
Blog, Ezine & Website: www.illustraconsulting.com
Copyright © 2011, Sarah Hathorn, AICI CIP, CPBS
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Sarah Hathorn, CEO of Hathorn Consulting Group, is the go-to-expert in working with leaders and companies to create successful corporate DNA. As an executive coach, consultant and speaker she collaborates globally with clients and brands such as Deloitte, McKesson, Kimberly-Clark, Sherwin-Williams, Home Depot and other leading organizations.
Subscribe today to get my newsletter, Corporate DNA™ for leadership articles on how to maximize your talent pipeline, develop & enhance leadership capabilities, inspire and influence to communicate top results and much more.