How can you earn up to 10 times what your peers and competitors do? Set realistic goals, write them down, and then train toward them with a coach/mentor who has senior level experience!
- Business author Mark McCormack explains that MBA graduates from Harvard who had specific written goals that were clearly outlined with concrete action plans earned 10 times more than all their other classmates COMBINED.
- Research based on exit interviews of Harvard graduates also revealed that students who had no goals in mind when they left school earned only a small fraction of what their classmates made.
- Even having unwritten goals helps. Those in the study who had goals they never wrote down still earned an average of DOUBLE what their peers who had no goals did.
But writing down goals and picturing them vividly in your imagination is the best strategy. That enables you to really refine them, articulate them, and tap into the fountainhead of super-powerful goal attainment resources in the subconscious mind. Research at Harvard and Stanford confirm the value of these intentional goal-oriented visualization techniques.
- When you’re asleep and dreaming, for instance, your brain conjures up images, and they seem real and you become emotionally charged. Likewise, you exhibit psychological as well as physiological reactions to mental pictures of success and goal attainment.
- The Mayo Clinic also confirms that a positive frame of mind may create greater resistance to disease, reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease, and lower levels of depression. That improves work/life balance, a vital component of the sustainable, high-energy caliber of executive leadership that is in such big demand now.
- Coaching and mentoring also helps, according to Catalyst, a nonprofit organization that supports women in business. They conducted a study and found that women who took advantage of very senior, experienced mentors/coaches advanced further and earned significantly more than those who did not use mentors or had ones who lacked real-world experience.
That all makes sense to me, which is why my first major business decision of 2014 was to enlist a great coach. I definitely encourage you to do the same and earn the money and responsibility you deserve as you push yourself into bigger and more rewarding success!
As a pioneering and visionary innovator, Sarah is a certified professional image consultant and brand strategist, speaker, trainer and author. Her company, Illustra Consulting, provides leading-edge image and brand management strategies for top leaders and high achievers who wish to take their career to the next level. She also delivers innovative and inspiring corporate workshops to assist large organizations in strengthening their corporate brand.
Copyright © 2014, Sarah Hathorn, AICI CIP, CPBS
1-800-267-3245, [email protected]
This article may be reproduced only in it’s entirety, including the above bio.