Jun 11 Summer Sunglass Selections: Choose The Right Styles for You
This summer every professional woman needs to find the right pair of sunglasses to express her personal style. In eyewear you want to take into consideration some of the latest trends to look modern, yet the most important factors to consider are really your personality style and the shape of your face.
For summer 2009 you will find the latest sunglasses in styles like Ray Ban’s Aviator, oversized, rimless and retro-style chic. Frames will be in your traditional black and tortoise frames but don’t be afraid to venture out and select one of the colorful pair for your leisure life. This season you will find them sunglass frames in great shades of blue, red, purple and yellow.
Here are some quick tips on selecting the right pair of sunglasses for your face shape:
1). Oval Faces
This is the ideal shaped face because it is balanced and in proportion. This shape tends to look like an upside down egg. The chin tends to be slightly narrower than the forehead and high cheekbones tend to be the widest part of the face.
Best Sunglass Frames For Oval Faces
· Because of facial proportions, you can wear most any style of frames
· Select frames that are as wide or wider than the broadest part of your face
· Keep the frames in balance with your facial proportions and your bone structure.
2). Round Faces
Faces that are round in shape tend to be round and soft without any angles. This shape is basically as narrow as it is wide. This face needs to be lengthened with eyewear so it appears more oval.
Best Sunglass Frames For Round Faces
· Select frames with some angles in them that will help to lengthen the face
· Avoid more round shapes, which will only accentuate your rounded facial structure
3). Square Faces
Individuals with this face shape have jaw lines that are broad and square. The forehead, cheekbones and jaw line tend to fall vertically into one straight line.
Best Sunglass Frames for Square Faces
· Choose frames that are oval in shape to add some roundness to your features
· A gently and narrow curved style will help to minimize the square lines.
4). Oblong/Rectangle Faces
This shape of face is noticeably longer than it is wide and the objective is to shorten the face shape.
Best Sunglass Frames for Oblong/Rectangle Faces
· Look for frames that have a deep shape vertically but you want it to be wider than your face to shorten the length of your long face.
Have some fun this summer whether it is a professional and elegant style you are seeking or a fun pair to sport at the beach, there is a pair for everyone this year.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Sarah Hathorn, CEO of Hathorn Consulting Group, is the go-to-expert in working with leaders and companies to create successful corporate DNA. As an executive coach, consultant and speaker she collaborates globally with clients and brands such as Deloitte, McKesson, Kimberly-Clark, Sherwin-Williams, Home Depot and other leading organizations.
Subscribe today to get my newsletter, Corporate DNA™ for leadership articles on how to maximize your talent pipeline, develop & enhance leadership capabilities, inspire and influence to communicate top results and much more.